Friday, September 09, 2005

I can't take it no more!

I need something new.
New environment, new digs, new bar,
new shoes, new suit, new brand of smokes,
new whiskey to drink,
a new woman with a new kind of craziness.
I need something new to get things going again,
I’ve been wiped out,
drained by mundane ideas based on nothing of substance.
My current state of booze intake doesn’t help,
the current affairs of the world only make me ill.
I turned off the TV and the internet brings me down.
I need something different, something weird,
something that I can’t quite understand,
but can hold my interest for more than 15 minutes.
Conversations become repetitive and frustrating,
the day job feels like slavery,
my apartment doesn’t have a couch, (maybe I need a couch?)
my cats give me dirty looks like they’re ashamed or something.
Maybe I need new cats.
Maybe I should stop stomping around,
reading the same old tattered and dog eared books,
trying to reclaim some old feeling from my youth.
Maybe I need new books,
New feelings come from new books yes?

I need something new, don’t know what it is yet.
But it’s gotta be out there, waiting to jump me and take my wallet,
drive me crazy, or get me locked up, thrown in the tank,
kicked out of my flat, make the cats fat and immobile,
get me back to writing normally.
Right?

Everybody needs something new, sometimes they get it,
Whether they want it or not.

Fuck, I’m bored…

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Andre Elliott said...

A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What one can be, one must be --Abraham Maslow.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Kevin Andre Elliott said...

We are always getting ready to live, but never living --Emerson.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Kevin Andre Elliott said...

Give me a place to stand on and I will move the earth/
Like a screw loose Archimedes, rejoicing in my birth--Kevin Andre Elliott

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home