Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Waiting for Duffman...

it's noon and I feel like hell, a minor hangover mixed with tightened shoulders due to stress over impending newspaper write ups and a reading of works at the end of the month, has finally taken it's toll. So, after yelling in the pub last night about something trivial I'm sure and falling out of bed this morning, not remembering when (or how) I got home, I've decided that it was time to stop drinking for a while.
So, on February 1st I will stop drinking for as long as I can, I'm looking at the whole month, 28 days of sobriety. It'll be strange indeed.
I'm not looking forward to it, but when you find yourself thinking that you're gonna have to punch the bartender in the throat for another drink even though you know that you've had enough, it's time to cut the ties that bind. And if this works out, maybe I'll be able to kick smoking...Yeah right, who the hell am I trying to kid?

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Dietz said...

Damn. Harsh. Good luck. It's good to that once in a while. Healthy.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home