Sunday, February 19, 2006

Back from The Dead

Wow, I’m late, really late. Damn, it’s been a hell of a month so far.
So, updates yes?

The NFT reading at Gabor’s went very well, everyone had a blast, I got loaded and staggered home carrying a mini amp and a future hangover. That next morning I woke up sick as a mad bastard and didn’t go to work, no real loss there, but that hangover was a bitch. It was then that I’d decided to go on sobriety for a while. So, twenty days as of tomorrow and no booze, I’m haven’t been to the pub in about two weeks, and I do feel the better for it. Things have slowed down some and that’s cool, but I have a little more money now which is always good. But the funny thing is that after ten days of being that sober guy, I got the flu. I haven’t had the flu in years and I never take flu shots, don’t trust them. And I’m still sick, not as bad as a week ago when I was bed ridden and drooling Theraflu, popping Actifed and Sedafed like candy, but it’s still there. No one’s allowed in the flat until this is gone, but that’s okay, it’s too damn cold for anyone to come out anyway.

So now, I’m finally alert enough to try and get back to this writing game, I’ve had to push the deadline back for my current writers until next weekend due to the fact that I’m backed up with work myself. Gonna take a little while longer to get the groove back, but that’s the charm of playing the game, reevaluating the skills and maturing them with a bit of writers therapy, which is simply reading. That always gets me back into the game good and proper.
Now it’s time for a little Nyquil and my book of Raymond Carver stories. Hopefully this damn flu bug will be gone by this time next week. I have a lot of work and catching up to do.

Will update sooner than later next time, hopefully it’ll be a bit more interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home