Friday, September 23, 2005

snarky little bastard...

Humph, haven't been updating as much as I'd promised.
Too caught up in trying to figure out this "Work in Progress" novel of mine that I've been chewing over for the last week or so. But I'm beginning to believe that I may have come up with something tangible to work with though. Storywise it's a no brainer, the topic is easy, it's the theory and style format that's been clogging my brain space. But I think I've reached the point where I can firmly begin this. The first chapter has been written, needs to be cleaned up a little and fleshed out with a bit more detail, but the point is there.
Anyway, I was standing outside my office building yesterday, smoking a cig and reading, this girl comes up to me and asks what happened to Needles for Teeth.
"I hadn't seen it in a long while." she says.
"Oh, Needles is on an indefinate haitus."
"Really?"
"Yeah, I have other things that I want to do so, there it is."
"Huh," she says. "Okay, well, can I ask you something?"
"Sure"
"Why did you always write about yourself, or wrote things in first person?"
I thought about that for a second and answered with a (admittedly) smirky smile:
"Shit baby, I have to write about myself, because no one else will."
"Oh."
I stubbed out my cig and went back inside, full in my unglory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home