Monday, October 10, 2005

The time of the season...

The first snowfall of the season is happening right now. I don't mind it, I dig it actually, but don't get me wrong I'm not going out in that shit. Went out last night by request and got caught in the rain, for the second time of the day, and now I'm feeling like I'd been beaten and left for the rats. But the snow is nice, it's a good change from the sunny days that's lasted too long, it feels like it should. That's a good thing.
but I don't like feeling sick, no sir.

Last night was interesting, I got a call at about 8:30pm asking if I'd meet up with my friend Autumn over at the bar across the street. I go because I figure one drink, hang out for a minute then come back to my cop show that I've been watching on DVD; The Wire it's called, great stuff, check it out if you get the chance. This turns into a long night of boozing and bar hopping. I meet a few new people and find myself in this tiki bar talking to the editor of Modern Drunkard Magazine. And guess what? I've been invited on as a new columnist. It's funny how these things work out. I'd never thought about writing for Modern Drunkard, or any other magazine since the demise of my own a couple of months ago. I'd planned on spending the next few months working on my novel and other things I had going, and now there's this. I think it'll be an easy gig, writing a column on my drinking adventures, no big, I have more than enough stories, some I don't want to remember but they're there and now finally good for something. The great thing about this is the Drunkard is a national magazine, that's more exposure than ever. I can honestly admit that I'm a little excited about this. Being a publisher lost it's pazzaz after the second issue. This is something new. I needed something new. So here we are.

And the title of this new column? Jockey full of Bourbon. Kind of fitting don't ya think?

Now it's back to bed and my cop show. I'm feeling useless today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Andre Elliott said...

Congrats dude! I expect to see the premier article in my mailbox (can't find that sort of trash around these parts).

And The Wire. Oh Yeah. D mentioned that he loaned you the first season. Damn good stuff.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home