Friday, May 12, 2006

Son by James P. Johnson


So, a little while ago my neighbor stops by and throws a book at me "you should read this, you weird bastard! you never read anything but those crazy Beat books and labels on medicine bottles in drugstores, you need to read this!" Then off he goes into his apartment. I pick up the book, light up a J, sit in the lazy boy, wait for the J to take hold and then get to it. And hot damn, it's a good first book, now the story behind it is that this is only the first chapter, so of course I'm going to be on the look out for chapter 2. But you should go here and get the first chapter, it's going to be a great serial novel, believe it!
Keep up the work James, we need more black male writers in Denver, I'm sick of being the only one, people are beginning to expect things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home