Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I haven't been posting much, yeah I know, it's been a couple of weeks, sure sure.
Been a little busy, with trying to work on this book of mine, and writing the column for Modern Drunkard (which has been completed and sent but I haven't heard from the editor yet, I don't know if it's actually going in or not, if not you'll be able to read it here), and spending (probably) too much time at the pub, reading a lot from Wikipedia, and Grant Morrison's The Invisibles.

It's been dull here in ol' Denver the last few days. The only big thing from the last week was meeting this woman in a bar on Friday night, walking with her to find batteries at the gas station, making plans for a date on Sunday, and not hearing from her after leaving a message on the voicemail the day of the date. I figured that she didn't remember me and was afraid of calling back. She was drinking that night, can't fault her for that. But if I see her again (and I'm sure I will, one of the rules of living in Denver is that if you meet someone once, you're bound to see them again within 3 months, it's just how it is) she'll remember who I am, no doubt about that. She was goddamn cute, that's for fucking sure.
But that was the weekend, besides getting a new couch on saturday, and after having it for 20 minutes I look to see that it's covered in cat fur, both of my little creatures are laying on it as if they own it, I saw Radical Edward (the name of my female cat) licking it, then looking at me with that 'Nah nah' gleam in her eyes. Saying 'It's mine now sucka, what ya gonna do about it?!'.
But the great thing is that after today I have one more day before my vacation begins, 5 whole days without the day job! It'll be grand, I plan to have a blackout at least two of those days and spend the rest working on the book. Things should work out just fine and my brain will have a chance to get back to normal while I destroy what remains of my liver. The more I think about it the more anxious I get, I should keep a bottle of scotch in one of my desk drawers, help ease the pain of working.
Eh, I'll just go to the pub after work. It is on the way home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Andre Elliott said...

Dude, friends don't let friends write drunk...or at the least, don't revise drunk!

Going anywhwere on your vacation, or is this a "working" vacation?

7:17 PM  
Blogger Shoun said...

I'm going to the bottle, and then to the laptop, the bottle is coming with me, we get along well.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Aaron Dietz said...

That is the writer's vacation. Congratulatons, Shoun. It's the right thing to do.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home